AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY GRANT
The Climate Smart Farming: Agriculture and Forestry Grant can fund projects in a variety of areas including, but not limited to:
- Providing technical assistance.
- Distributing a grant to producers.
- Coordinating training programs.
- Coordinating projects that pilot or demonstrate water and land-based conservation practices.
- Creating tools that help reduce barriers to accessing assistance for climate smart farming.
- Establishing equipment-sharing programs.
- Other activities that will increase the number of farmers who are implementing climate-smart agriculture and forestry practices.
Any agribusiness or entity, including nonprofit organization, soil and water conservation district, colleges and universities, municipality or for-profit organization in the State of Connecticut are eligible to apply.
All agricultural commodities can participate including aquaculture, agriculture and forestry. In addition, all production types will be supported including conventional/organic, indoor/outdoor, soil/water, and urban/rural.
CT DoAg plans to issue awards in varying amounts for program implementation from May 1, 2023, through May 1, 2028.
There will be four application funding tiers:
- Project duration: Up to 18 months
- Project duration: 18 months up to 2 years
- Project duration: 2-3 years
- Project duration: 3-5 years
There is no match requirement for this grant.