CT DoAg Farm Transition Grants Due Jan 10, 2024 >Home / CT DoAg Farm Transition Grants Due Jan 10, 2024 November 19, 2023 Categories: Events CT DoAg Farm Transition Grants Due Jan 10, 2024 CT FARM TRANSITION GRANT APPLICATIONS DUE BY JANUARY 10, 2024 The Connecticut Department of Agriculture (CT DoAg) is accepting grant proposals for the 2024 Farm Transition Grant (FTG) to assist Connecticut farmers and agricultural cooperatives in the diversification of existing operations, transition to value-added agricultural production and sales, and other venues in which a majority of products sold are grown in the state. Applications are due no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 10, 2024. NEW FOR 2024: A 25% advance of the grant award can be made available for Infrastructure Investment Grant, Research and Development Grant, or Innovation and Diversification Grant awardees. The remaining 75% of the award will be reimbursed upon project completion and submission of final reporting documents. New Farmer Micro Grant awardees will continue to be able to request a 50% advance of their award. Applicants to the New Farmer Micro Grant can apply for funds to establish websites and conduct marketing efforts. Applicants to the Research and Development Grant apply for funds to conduct in-store testing events to determine consumer viability. The grant categories are summarized below. New Farmer Micro Grants: Up to $5,000 awarded to support new and beginning individuals or partnerships with one full year to three years of production history, seeking long-term careers that financially support them through farming and agriculture. Infrastructure Investment Grant: Up to $20,000 awarded to support farmers in production for a minimum of three years with a need for infrastructure to expand the farm’s production and operation. Research and Development Grant: Up to $25,000 awarded for farms to conduct research to assess the viability and interest to develop a new product line, service, or market. Innovation and Diversification Grant: Up to $49,999 awarded for the implementation of a new product or service for market or business expansion after a research and development phase has been explored. Grant guidelines and forms can be found at www.CTGrown.gov/grants with additional details on match requirements and eligible expenses. Applications will be scored by a review panel. Grant awards to be announced in February 2024. APPLY HERE. Webinars: November 16, 2023, from 10-11:30am: Click here to view a recording of the grant overview workshop or to access the presentation slides. November 30, 2023, from 10-11:30am: Click here to register for the workshop to explain the intricacies of the budget sheet and budget narrative, complete a mock budget sheet, and provide tips and tricks to allow Excel to work for you, rather than against you. December 19, 2023, from 6-7:30pm: Click here to register for open office hours. Applicants are invited to drop in and out and ask questions on the grant program or their application. January 4th, 2024, from 6-7:30pm: Click here to register for open office hours. Applicants are invited to drop in and out and ask questions on the grant program or their application. Questions regarding the Farm Transition Grant can be directed to Alison Grabarz at Alison.Grabarz@ct.gov. More information on application requirements, submission process, and accompanying forms can be found online at www.CTGrown.gov/grants.