This barn quilt block design was chosen by the Harris family to honor their farm’s history. It is hung on an older barn that was raised in height in the 1980’s to accommodate modern farm machinery for a thriving dairy operation. The 150-acre farm was purchased in 1957 by George Harris, an international expert on the Brown Swiss cows he raised. His grandfather was one of first importers into the U.S. of this hearty breed. George’s wife Vivian was recognized statewide for her tireless advocacy of Connecticut’s farmers in a challenging time for farming in our state.